Dienstag, 19. Juni 2012

delicious, dairy-free cake: The mother-in-law-cake

I was challenged a few weeks ago with the task to bake a dairy-free cake. Something I never had to do before.
I asked family & friends, and my brother in law's wife recommended me the "mother in law cake".
It was delicious, so I gonna share the recipe with you.

Schwiegermutter-Torte - mother in law cake:
12 pieces




Knead-Dough:

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 stick butter or shorting
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder

soften butter, and knead everything until combined.
Press into a spring form



Drain a jar off cherries, Spread one jar of cherries on top

 (Use the juice to make a delicious beverage: 1/3 of juice, 2/3 seltzer oder sparkling water. It is called Kirsch-Schorle in Germany and can be made with any kind of juice)





Now make a sponge-mixture:

4/5 Stick butter or shortening
3/4 cup sugar
add 3 eggs, batting for 2 minutes after every egg
1 cup almond meal (trader joes), or any other nut meal (filberts should be great!)
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder




Spread the sponge mix over the cherries.

Bake in the oven on 325 Degrees for 60 Minutes.

Spread 1 cup of melted semi-sweet chocolatchips (add a knife point of coconut oil) on top (or substitute for frosting, as desired). Decorate, if you want to.
Enjoy!




Want to have a look how I note my recipes?


Good I have this blog *lol*

Enjoy!

please let me know if you have any questions and if you liked it.

PS I tried to get a clue why this cake is called mother in law cake, but I didn't find anything.
I guess, because this cake is easy to make but tastes great, so you can easily impress your mother in law.
(Or, because she is allergic to nuts and this is a sure way to kill her)



1 Kommentar:

  1. Looks yummy! I never had to make anything dairy-free (I actually had to look that up ;-) Saft-Schorle is always great. My family loves Dr.O*tker's Kirschli-Kuchen and I found a recipe for it on Chefkoch.de so i can make it without the baking mix!

    AntwortenLöschen