Dienstag, 14. Juli 2020

Read: Louise Penny: Still life đŸ‡ș🇾


This book came with a lot of praise, for example from Anne Boegel from Modern Mrs. Darcy, so my expectations were high.

This is the first book in a series of many by now, and and usually I love crime stories centered around an investigative team.

Inspector Armand Gamache is from Montreal, and French Canada is also always a win in my books. How can you not love someone who says “tabernacle!” When cussing?

Miss Jane Neal is a beloved former school teacher in the small town of Three Pines, so everyone is really shocked when she is found dead. Shot. I could have been a hunting accident, but Chief Inspector Gamache has the feeling that something about the timing of her death is off. But who in this small, quaint town could have wanted her dead?

The plot was moving really slowly, and there was not a lot of information about the team of investigators, but it was also only the first book of the series. I kind of really hoped  that it would  grip me, but this book is not doing it for me. Maybe it becomes better with the second book, we will see.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen