Dienstag, 23. Juni 2020

Gelesen: Jennifer Weiner - big summer đŸ‡ș🇾



Yeah, I know, it’s time to post about something different than books, but this one - once I started reading, I couldn’t stop. I finished it over the weekend.

This is THE perfect summer book.

Daphne, 26, is an influencer. 
One of these people making money on Instagram by posting sponsored content.
But it all started with a YouTube video of her being dumped by a pity date for being to big.

It was her frennemy Drue who started it all - and of course, it was the moment when Drue stopped being a friend Daphne finally stopped being the ugly sidekick who made her friend look even hotter.
Until now, Drue is going to get married and she wants Daphne as the head bridesmaid.

But why? What is Drue”s motivation after all?
What does she - rich heiress, business woman, super pretty - want from Daphne?
It is all a game to her?


the book is set in New York and Cape Cod - brining back sweet memories of both places.
It is a book about friendship and hate, love and desperation,
About instagram and reality
About appearances and and truth.

I could have totally done without the added crime story, and two me, it was the werkest part of the book with a rather unconvincing solution, but I really enjoyed all the rest.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen